samedi 5 avril 2008

Post Stockholm

Stockholm was the best by far. The venue was beautiful, an old circus transformed into a concert hall. The audience was everywhere even on the stairs and was so responding and enthusiastic. And I think I delivered my best performance so far, much more with the audience all along, more energetic. It is like if I passed on the other side of the mirror. The people are coming exclusively for the music and the feedback is really extraordinary. Something is changing in the perception of my work vis a vis the audience and vis a vis myself. I am sharing actually everything, the way I work, I compose, like inviting every one in the kitchen. It is giving me a lot of ideas for the future, for new stage projects and new music. I think being on stage will not be the same after Sweden.
After the concert, met some chinese agents inviting me for the next festival of electronic music in Shanghai. I also met the people of Clavia/Nordlead and we talked about new instruments. They all told me how much they enjoyed the concert. I met also the local promoter. He was very excited, telling me he loved the concert so much that he will bring his family next time. He said that he refused a lot of tickets and that he would like me to come back soon in a bigger venue or even outdoor..
Then we went to dinner with Jean Louis R., Benjamin, Jean Marie G. And wife Delphine, Fiona and Pierre, we had a lot of fun.
Today we spent all day in the old Stockholm where I found a terrific record shop called Pets Sounds. I found rare books about Depeche Mode, analog synthesizers by Mark Jenkins and a history of bra since the medieval age till today.

26 commentaires:

Nino Auricchio a dit…

Can't tell you how encouraging it is to see you enjoying yourself on stage like this. It really fills me with anticipation of future projects. I know you'll always surprise the public, the fans, but most importantly yourself with what you produce.

I hope you can release live tracks from the tour on iTunes as music videos.

Se you soon
Nino

tdream88 a dit…

Merci pour ce partage Jean Michel ! Je te souhaite la santé pour pouvoir réaliser tous tes projets. C'est très agréable de constater que tu es loin de vouloir prendre ta retraite. D'ailleurs, qu'il doit être ennuyeux à la longue que de contempler ses nombreux honneurs ?!!

Il serait génial de te voir en spectacle au Grand Théâtre de Québec d'ici la fin de l'année 2008. Ce serait une très belle façon de souligner le 400e anniversaire de la ville :) On aura la chance de voir le groupe "Yes" dans le cadre du Festival d'Été mais ta venue serait la cerise sur le sundaie l0lll ! Merci encore JM !

For translation in English, Spanish, etc. go to http://world.altavista.com/tr

Sergio Sobarzo L. a dit…

Hey, Jean Michel! Can you share that book about bra with us? >:)

Michael a dit…

"met some chinese agents inviting me for the next festival of electronic music in Shanghai"....

Hi Jean Michel, YES, YOU and the AUDIENCE are ONE. This tour is really very SPIRITUAL in a sence. I also felt it very strong, as never before at a concert of you.
A show in CHINA would be great, but what do you think of a "FREE TIBET CONCERT" !!!?!!! Maybe in India? YOU and your MUSIC, together with all the loving AUDIENCE from all over the world could be very powerful supporting the process for FREEING TIBET. OXYGENE FOR FREEDOM.

Anonyme a dit…

Thank you for sharing all this info on your blog, and your music and emotions in your concerts. As a long time fan, I'm very happy with this 'new Jean Michel Jarre'!

Unknown a dit…

Best Jarre!
I was at the Stockholm consert at Cirkus, sitting in the five most front places, could almost touch the scene.
I have been a huge fan of you since the early seventies, this was the first time that I saw you live and the performance
that you delivered was in comparison "Like being touched of the hand of God", the best and biggest experience in
my life.
Keep on doing the good work and take care!

Edward

Alphastar a dit…

Hi Jean Michel. Thank you for a very enchanting evening at Cirkus Stockholm, it was perfect, im so glad i was there(i almost missed it because of sold out tickets)In 1993 at Stockholm water festival it was a roumour that you should have done an outdoor concert and that would have been the main event of the festival. Unfortunately they thought it was too expensive to do the concert so it never went of (im still dissapointed) After the concert at Cirkus you promised to come back here soon, could you please consider to do a big outdoor concert like in Denmark 2002?, i think Stockholm with its water could be something extra maybe something like in Docklands 1988!
Thanks again for a wonderful evening!
Best regards Lars

Alexi a dit…

Great that you had a good time here in Sweden :) I'm sad that I couldn't visit Stockholm, but then again, I wisited both concerts in Copenhagen :)

I really hope that you come back to Sweden for a bigger concert, on Globen, Scandinavium or outside ;)

Enjoy the rest of the tour

See you soon

Stefan

D a dit…

Thx for the great show. I hope you consider to do another one in Stockholm in the near future.

And yes, Pet Sounds is a great record store :)

raisa ahonen a dit…

Thanks for all the fantastic music You've provided us through the years! And thanks for creating this blog where we can share thoughts about life and music!

I understand the Stockholm gig was one of the best. Congrats! Unfortunately I didn't have the possibility to attend this time.

Me and my friends here in Finland are very dedicated to Your music. Therefore I want to ask You, if it would be possible for You to add a date for Finland to Your Oxygene tour in progress?

The level of importance Your music has had and still have in all of our lives is impossible to communicate through these few lines.

Thanks for everything, and welcome to Finland!

kristian

Nifr a dit…

Hi!
The concert was pure magic :-)
It is us, the audience, that should thank you for an extraordinary experience! Some pictures I found of the concert:
http://www.pbase.com/arnehavre/jeanmichel_jarre_in_stockholm_20080404&page=all
Regards
/Nicklas F

Amber a dit…

Hi! I'm also glad about all these information. ^^
Tell me please, are you planning to come to Poland? We, as your great fans, would be just too happy to see you here again! :)

Amber a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Amber a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Amber a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Anonyme a dit…

Merci encore grand Monsieur de l'électro, de partager toutes ces belles choses avec nous qui t'aimons tant.

Un projet Depeche Mode v Jean-Michel Jarre ce serait génial!! :)

Ce beau succès est tellement mérité. J'ai hâte d'entendre les prochains albums.

Pepe a dit…

Nice to know your Stockholm success and Depeche Mode interest.

Unknown a dit…

Thank you for a great evning.

Hope to see you soon again.
Why not at Dalhalla (www.dalhalla.se) or the Icehotell (www.icehotel.com)

Christian

Eric G a dit…

Thank you for a wonderful concert!
I have been an admirer since the 70's and I'm glad you celebrated the 30:th anniversary in this way.
Me and others hope that your present enthusiasm will cause you to release more music in the Oxygene/Equinox style, using the vintage instruments.
Regards,
Eric G, Swedish Analog Sympathizers.

raisa ahonen a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
raisa ahonen a dit…

Hello again,

Are You familiar with German artist Pete Namlook and his work?

IMHO You two might have a lot in common. I've been dreaming of a day when I'd be holding a collaboration recording in my hands...

Just daydreaming here... :)

Here's a link to Pete's homepage:

http://www.namlook.de/

Take care,

kristian

Béatrice Karjalainen a dit…

Thank you so much for the concert in Stockholm. I really enjoyed it. And please come back soon. Dalhalla would be cool.

Anonyme a dit…

"Something is changing in the perception of my work vis a vis the audience and vis a vis myself. I am sharing actually everything, the way I work, I compose, like inviting every one in the kitchen."

What a lovely description - it's great to hear you so happy about your work, Jean Michel!

I can't wait to see what develops after this tour

Anonyme a dit…

I agree with you that this was the best gig so far, though myself has only been to this one and the Royal Albert Hall gig. This was magic with the audience more alive and JMJ was so energic on stage! I think I never have seen you this happy before during a concert!

Ras Bolding a dit…

'I found rare books about Depeche Mode, analog synthesizers by Mark Jenkins and a history of bra since the medieval age till today.'

Somehow I get the mental image of Martin Gore in his mid eighties leather hotpants outfit, secretly writing that book on the history of bras since the middle ages. Now, who wouldn't want to read that book? :P

Unknown a dit…

Thanks for a great concert!!!