mercredi 19 mars 2008

Dublin first gig

Yesterday night was the first Dublin gig, in the National Concert Hall. Playing in this venue was like playing in a churh. People were so focused on the music and the show, it was really impressive.

It was also the first time I played in Ireland, a special country to me as Fiona my friend PA and manager is Irish. It was also a very special night yesterday as Fiona couldn't assist to the show, because she had to bury her father in Galway.

For the Encore I dedicated the song to her father. The crowd honored him lighting up their mobile phones and lighters creating a fantastic reflection in the mirror behind me.

14 commentaires:

rega3 a dit…

Jean Michel,

Was at the show last night, it was fantastic. In fact, I am going again tonight!!

I enjoyed it very much, thank you for coming to Ireland.

Jorge Jorquera a dit…

Great Jean Michel, please don't stop to tell us about your experiences with the shows.

I hope (really really hope) to see you very soon in my country, Chile. We are thousands who expect your visit.

Thanks and "vive la musique"!
Jorge Jorquera
Founder of www.jarre.cl - Chile
jjorquera@gmail.com

Guillermo Morán a dit…

Best regards from Chile, when you are coming? we are waiting for you!

Guillermo Moran
SCOPE (Tribute Band JMJ)
gmoranz@gmail.com

Kevin a dit…

Hello Jean Michel Jarre,

First of all i would like to say that the Concert in Glasgow on the 16th March Was GREAT. It was fantastic. I like it when the mirror came down it was great to see it what it looks like from above and behind the stage.

I must say that you made my day when you shock my hand at the start of the concert, i never thought for one minute, that would ever happen so THANK YOU.

For the Blog PAge, its great to see what happen's before, during & the end of the show, it give fans a look inside what is really happing on the tour.

I hope to see the show again in manchester next week, but i not sure that will happen, but i am trying to come down to see it again.

Well That all i have got to say, apart from one more think.
I would like to wish You Mr Jarre, The Band and The Crew a Safe Journery around europe with the tour, and hears to the future and more show's.....

All the Best and Good Luck With the rest of the tour.

Kevin White,
Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland.

johnbreslin a dit…

Jean-Michel -

Thank you for the brilliant show last night. I wrote a review on my blog when I got back to my B&B (http://www.johnbreslin.com/blog/2008/03/19/jean-michel-jarre-performs-oxygene-live-in-dublin-18th-march-2008/ and also started a discussion at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055257867).

I was sorry to hear about Fiona's dad; coincidentally I travelled from Galway to see you yesterday.

I hope you are enjoying your stay in Ireland, and that we will see you again soon.

John.
--

Diego a dit…

Hello from VENEZUELA!!!

I`m following step by step your Tour in Europe and I`m waiting for you here in my country.

Many thanks for so special gift to all of us, Oxygene Live. It`s really great.

Give us the oportunity to see you! from Venezuela and from South America we say: "WE LOVE YOU JEAN MICHEL!!" "PLEASE COME!"

DIEGO MACHADO.

Diego a dit…

Hello from VENEZUELA!!!

I`m following step by step your Tour in Europe and I`m waiting for you here in my country.

Many thanks for so special gift to all of us, Oxygene Live. It`s really great.

Give us the oportunity to see you! from Venezuela and from South America we say: "WE LOVE YOU JEAN MICHEL!!" "PLEASE COME!"

DIEGO MACHADO.

Unknown a dit…

great show last night. made my hair stand on end.

Ghost a dit…

Jean Michel,

We wait a Oxygene Tour in South America!!

Greetings from Argentina :)

Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Mary Connell a dit…

I gave out to an usher for disturbing me during the performance. Four times she had to tell someone to put the camera away. I did apologise to her after and she said "no I'm so sorry" only doing their job I suppose. I never thought I would be so absorbed in such complete concentration that I would be upset by the distraction around me.

I got to sit in the front row so I had no people in my view to break the moment but it wasn't until the mirrors came down that I could see almost enough, in reverse. The acoustics in the hall were perfect.

I frequented the National Concert hall as a teen totally absorbed in the instruments. I always would try to follow the sounds from instrument to instrument but this was so multi layered I found it hard at times to deconstruct the complex sounds of these perhaps now rare almost forgotten instruments on the verge of rediscovery. I seemed to be creating a story in my head throughout. I felt like a child again in an awe like state like witnessing a miracle.

Four scientists turning back the earths clock from deep within its crust. Lighting lay out a time log....from AM to PM. Darkness to dawn to daylight to dusk to night. Sound like a blackbirds chorus echoing backwards, the wash of waves over sand, downward spiralling notes, slowing to a stop, intense moods. Electronic atomic altering. Bees, birds. Extinction, dieing, hopeless helpless sadness. Approaching sounds of spaceships. Land. As though to prepare the men for work, a dieing earth calls for help, at the end of part one and beginning of part two. The story unfolds as preparations are made. The excitement in the opening of the day this is a new day, a day that they rebuild the planet. Our call for help was heard. Uplifting beat and melody suggesting a chance for life. With nature in the hands of these men the miracle begins. Their beat, melody entering all the power the instruments need to heal and restore life again. Great care and concentration is taken with eyes fixed. Alien Chatter heard throughout the day mid track there’s a mood change the final communication is made. Part 3 starts Seriously. All data needed is entered, now a different level of concentration is required. After a few deep breaths Work starts to fix the earth. Its engines are powered up by external life force all mentoring has ended, the earth cries out its needs to the consoling listener lays it to rest then quietly began work. Part 4 we hear them turn the tides of time to mend with gentle masculine touch on a feminine body. Confident and precise work set the tone. They enjoyed their work without stress or struggle we could see the mental process of these men working with seemingly extraterrestrial power through the daylight hours. Keeping time together, listening to one another. Glances to and fro aware of the others the musicians use body language to communicate. Each sound in time with the other.
Entering Part 5 work stops and goodbyes are communicated as we hear a departure. Help is no longer required.
Electronic Organ notes soothing, gentle waking. Strength slowly returning to the earth in its twilight it rose again. Healing and growing in time like the spring after winter. Rhythm of the heart and the pumping of blood into the surface supporting life, dusk turns to night and the excited dance beat sounds a melody of great growth. Healing and renewal. Waves like the earths breath again takes a steady rhythm in Part 6, time to relax, enjoy, listen to the echo of the birds and the beat of life again in the night, worry over, we can enjoy our beautiful planet and all its sounds. The men have saved our only earth. The great life we are killing has some time left. Be at peace now and listen to the waves.

As they played the sounds of Oxygene, I became calm at the thought of our sick planet in the hands of these space men and their other worldly sounds twigging controls and switches. Reversing and finely tuning the delicate balance of the earths atmosphere. Work ceased, waves sounded calmly, rest easy, work was done the heart beat strong and steady the earth seemed okay. Forward replay recreated time and hope was restored crashing waves and the nightly echo of birds in the distance it was time to rejoice at the recreation of our home, clean and perfect once again. I hoped more people would be touched in the same way. I wondered what Jean Michel Jarre's written story would tell of all these sounds. Have I understood you at all Jean. I was so amazed how the piece spoke to me as I worry about our future and it’s delicately, finely tuned atmosphere. Hurry people time is running out, we have no magic to fix the earth but we do have music perhaps to inspire us reduce our carbon footprints on the earth.

Almost 40 years to get to this point and time seems to have stood still for this stunningly attractive 59 year old. I find myself now listening to both versions simultaneously, the recording re-released and the original to compare. I completely left out the variations and prelude because I need more time on them. Please enlighten me if you think this is not what I was supposed to take from this work.

Sergio Sobarzo L. a dit…

Hey, Jean Michel. Thanks for your wonderful music. I've been listening to it for many years (since 1987). My name's Sergio, and I live in Chile. We are looking forward to your visit to our country some day in the near future :-)

Sergio Sobarzo

Sergio Sobarzo L. a dit…

Hey, Jean Michel. Thanks for your wonderful music. I've been listening to it for many years (since 1987). My name's Sergio, and I live in Chile. We are looking forward to your visit some day. You won't regret it ;)

Sergio Sobarzo

LutonStevey a dit…

Bravo Jean-Mi! Great to see you play your heart out in Dublin. From the 2nd row it appeared as if you had nervous hands on the synth controls at the start of the show. Nice to see even the professionals are human and suffer from "stage fright" *thinking of Equinoxe album cover*.

Being in Dublin also gave me the opportunity to meet up with an old friend of mine I haven't seen for 5 years, so that was really amazing too. Thanks Jean-Michel, your concerts reunite people as well as inspire!