jeudi 27 mars 2008

Interference

The concert in Birmingham went OK, except that Claude forgot to switch off his cell phone before the concert and we had a lot of interferences. We still have some work to do on stage before London. I did an interesting interview with Mario Cacciottolo from BBC web; he is writing an interesting article on BBC website, let's see if I can create a link when it's published (he is mentioning Jarreblog in the article, hope that's going to touch a lot of people). Interestingly, Mario came to my concerts at the Docklands (1988), at Paris La Defense (1990) and at Wembley stadium (1993).
After the concert I met with Jim Heinz who designed Kikaxxe, a great virtual sequencer and synthesizer. We discussed about the possibility of developping a new sequencer together. He loved the concert, he is going back to California and we said we'll keep in touch.

The Daily Telegraph ran a good review here. They compare me to a french cheese :)

(published on a mobile phone)

17 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
SoB a dit…

First of all, apologies for the off-topic comment :)

I am dying with anticipation for Sunday's Albert Hall gig, and this blog is a great idea, thanks for taking the time and effort to update it!!

Will Mr Jarre be meeting fans after The Albert Hall, or signing stuff? Would love to get my copy of Oxygene 30th edition signed!

Thanks for making the best music!

By the way, I am Iraqi and you have LOADS of fans in Iraq!

Unknown a dit…

smashing concert lsat night, thank you very much, i loved the solo that you played during variation 1, it sounded like a female vocalist.

One beef is that whilst it sounded good, i felt that the midrange was a bit quiet as some of the detail was missing, especiallly during variation 3, which sounded a bit thin.

So, it was claude's phone, hoho :)

Unknown a dit…

Oh wait! The phone went off during the concert! Well, then be happy he didn't answer the phone during the concert ;-)

YANN F. a dit…

Merci jean michel pour ce blog mis a jour regulierement. Un petit bémole cependant,y aurait une possibilité de voir tes commentaires en francais?? Merci pour tout et j'espere de revoir en concert "oxygene" a la fin de cette tournée pour finir en appothéose!!!

YANN F. a dit…

Merci jean michel pour ce blog mis a jour regulierement. Un petit bémole cependant,y aurait une possibilité de voir tes commentaires en francais?? Merci pour tout et j'espere de revoir en concert "oxygene" a la fin de cette tournée pour finir en appothéose!!!

Audio Coffee Productions a dit…

Allo, we have Dunkie here and we'll be heading towards Manchester shortly... of course, we're all excited and can't wait.

We'll see you there!! :-)

Domingos Moreira a dit…

About the "french cheese" issue. I'm don't know if I could consider this a compliment...
I don't like cheese at all!
JMJ is far much better than cheese!

Domingos Moreira a dit…

About the language JMJ uses in this blog: English is most spoken and read language in the world. Why would you write in french?
Et je dis que cela ce n'est pas un problème pour moi...
Si JMJ écrivait en français, les chinois, les alemands, les portugais (p.e. moi) disait: Pourquoi pas dans ma langue?

Veronique a dit…

Claude will be happy to know that soon, passengers will be allowed to use their mobile phones in airplanes...hehehe
I agree with Domingos...I found french a lovely language, but I don't speak it yet...I already speak spanish, portuguese and english...I would feel unlucky if the blog was ONLY in french! At least many people around the world will be able to participate and understand what is going on if JMJ keeps writing his comments in english...Thanks JMJ for keeping us informed about what is going on in the tour!

Anonyme a dit…

Just a quick note to say thank you so much for the concert in Birmingham last night. For someone who has waited so long to finally see you in concert, it certainly didn't disappoint. Magical and beautiful. Thank you so much. I hope the rest of the tour goes well.

Mike a dit…

Hi Jean-Michel, Excellent concert at the Birmingham Symphony Hall last night, and fortunate to have such nice weather for you're photo shoot around the city centre (nice photos). The sound was superb. The only thing I would comment on is that the general volume could of been a bit louder (oh and without the mobile phone effect! lol)... but i really am being picky there, and I was right at the back!
Keep up the good work Jean-Michel and all the best for the duration of the tour.
Hope to see you again soon.

Kanta a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Kanta a dit…

Hello Jean Michel,

I attended your concert at Symphony Hall in Birmingham last night. It was absolutely out of this world for me and very special. Thank you very much for the concert. I hope we will see more concert(s) from yourself in the future in the UK.

I have the utmost respect and admiration in your music. Oxygene is my favourite album and hearing the whole album completely with the Variation tracks added on were wonderful. I also love the fact that you added on to the tracklist Oxygene 12 and 13. Wow, completely mind blowing and perfect. Your performance and the team have done a superb job doing the Oxygene concerts. Now I am waiting in anticipation to see you in Royal Albert Hall. Not long now.

Your fan,

Kanta

PS You might not remember me but I was staying in the same hotel as you and your team in Birmingham. You signed an Oxygene program for me. I was trying to take some photos of you and you were waving, saying bye while I held up my camera. You have a lovely smile. A moment which I will never forget.

Photography Club a dit…

Hi JMJ,

Just a quick thank you for signing my programme in the hotel yesterday as you came back from the concert.

I was the guy without the Pen LOLOL. I have waited a long time to see your concert (since seeing Docklands on TV). I couldn't have imagined bumping into you in the lobby of the hotel.

NOw all you need to do is a massive greatest hits concert in Cardiff Bay.

Best wishes

GJE

Ray Bellis a dit…

Jean-Michel - it was a real privilege to see you perform in Birmingham last night.

Docklands in '88 was a spectacular event, but last night was something else! I really loved the intimacy of the venue and how personal it made it feel.

When the main themes of II and IV started up I got goosebumps all over, and I doubt that I was the only one :)

Anonyme a dit…

I was at the Birmingham concert and it was fantastic. It was a real pleasure to be this close to someone who I have only seen from a distance at Docklands or at La Defense.
It was interesting that all the crew looked at each other wondering where the "phone" sound was coming from...

Great sound and definitely an experience not to be forgotten.....