samedi 22 mars 2008

After Munich


Just finished the first german concert in Munich, the egg chair was perfect for Easter. I have been really impressed by the feedback and the energy of the audience. The sound balance is improving every night: the sounds of the individual instruments don't just add, they really merge, and it lets me focus on the interpretation. I really enjoy the feeling between the 4 of us on stage. Afterwards I had an exciting meeting with Dieter Doepfer, one of the only analog synthesizer manufacturers nowadays. He's a passionate man, faithful to the analog tradition with a modern approach. He offered me a very interesting sequencer called the Schaltwerk, the last production unit actually. Now heading back to Paris. See you in Brussels.

10 commentaires:

Diego a dit…

I just want to say that I'm very happy with all your comments day by day, It's a great detail from you to all of us.

From VENEZUELA and waiting for you, with a lot of affection...

DIEGO.

Christophe a dit…

Hello Jean Michel,

I love it to read your blog every time! I can't wait to see you tomorow in Brussels! I'm now impatient...

Have a nice time,


Christophe

Michael a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Michael a dit…

Tonight was a great night!!! Interesting that we, the audience did feel exactly the same as Jean Michel describes. There was a kind of powerful connection between us. No laserharp, no fireworks, no big choir, no big laser- and lightshow, JUST JEAN MICHEL, WE in "our livingroom" and OXYGENE as the connecting medium. After 25 years of following and enjoying his work
I still was absolutely impressed of the NEW good "old" Jean Michel. A nice gag was also, Jean Michel coming out of big easter-egg chair. As I already said yesterday to you: Thank you VERY much Jean Michel for coming in our living room. Much sucess for the rest of the show and HAPPY EASTER !

L:Q a dit…

It´s very nice and interesting to know that there are people interested in analog tradition yet. I hope you enjoy with your "new" sequencer".

Cosmonauta Spiff a dit…

Happy easter, man!

Jens Pielawa a dit…

Hello Jean Michel,
reading this blog makes me even more waiting impatiently for the concert in Frankfurt. Making this european tour is a great gesture to all the fans, sharing your thoughts and visions even more. I wish you all the best for all the forthcoming concerts and keep on writing, what's moving you. Thank you for the music, see you at the Old Opera,
greetings from Jens

Unknown a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Unknown a dit…

I am anxious to know your new sequencer Schaltwerk! Greetings from Brazil.

Svensyntetics a dit…

This Concert in Munich was so cool. And your message i watch, i can't belive...i will think of a remix....Playing without sync and computers man, you have my greatest respect.....this is so cool. I was so woory when you slip out and hit the matrix sequenzer :-) The mistakes were the salt in the soup....My greatest respect....